Note: This is a review. Click here to visit the LA Weight Loss Site.
The LA Weight Loss Program began in 1989. LA Weight Loss centers can now be found in 49 states, Canada, and Europe. Growing as fast as any diet program in the country, this program is aggressively pursuing its share of the millions of people desperate to lose weight.
What makes this program different from the others you ask? Simple. The plan revolves around regular supermarket food! However, the company does sell its own brand of nutritional supplements and snack bars.
What is the fuss all about? This plan bills itself as “a unique combination of regular foods”. It basically boils down to every customer being assigned a counselor who supplies you with information on what you should be eating, how much, and when. In other words, you are put on a personalized eating plan. Invariably, they will direct you toward their supplements and snack bars as part of your plan.
The idea is to eat sensible portions.(makes sense!) Your counselor will gather personal information from you including your height, weight, age, activity level, and a medical history in order to figure out the best program for you. Plans are based on a individualized calorie level, but you don’t count calories. (thank goodness!) Instead, you count portions from different food categories: proteins, fruits and vegetables, fat, starch, and dairy. Counseling sessions and weigh-ins will take place in private.
What Can I Eat?
Like so many other plans, this one has three parts or phases:
- Weight Loss-You will be assigned between 1100 and 1800 calories a day until you reach a goal weight set for you.
- Transition-This 6 week phase will prepare you for a lifetime of eating healthy.
- Maintenance-This phase uses counseling to help maintain the weight loss you have achieved so far.
This diet works out to approximately 45% carbohydrates, 35% to 40% protein, and 15% to 20% fat which doesn’t sound bad! Some of the foods you can eat include macaroni and cheese, steak and potatoes. You can pretty much eat your fill of meats, starches, fruits, and vegetables; fats are limited. And of course, you can eat their supplements.
- Weight Loss-If you follow this plan to a “T”, you will lose weight.
- Health-The amount of calories are a little low, but it is a healthy balance.
- Support-Having a counselor can bring a little “peace of mind” to most dieters.
- Cost-If you are not careful, this program can hit you where it hurts. The counselors are paid a comission on the supplements they sell, so look out!
- Research-There are no clinical studies that validate LA Weight Loss.
- Tough-This eating plan is very strict and can be hard for some people to stay on.
This program is sound in its approach to nutrition. LA Weight Loss can lead to weight loss averages of 2 pounds a week. However, be careful of the hidden charges and push to buy supplements. I would recommend this program to anyone that has the money to spend. It just might be worth it to regain your health and get that beach body!
Click here to visit the LA Weight Loss Site.