6 Pack Abs?
So you are looking for a strenuous, weight loss program and are considering trying The Abs Diet.
Let’s see if we can’t answer that…
Note: This is a review. Click here to visit The Abs Diet Site.
The Abs Diet is the creation of David Zinczenko, the editor of my favorite magazine for the last 20 years; Men’s Health. He claims that you can look like the models on his pages with the rock hard abs if you just follow his diet principles.
This is a six week plan to lose your belly fat and get lean for life.
What Can I Eat?
The Abs diet contains a 7 day meal plan, made up of 12 ‘power foods’, along with recipes.
One meal per week is designated as a ‘cheat’ meal – where you eat anything you want. You should avoid foods like fatty meats, processed/refined carbs, and high-sugar foods.
The 12 Power Foods:
1. Almonds and Other Nuts eaten with skins intact
2. Beans and Other Legumes
3. Spinach and Other Green Vegetables
4. Dairy: Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese
5. Instant Oatmeal: Unsweetened, unflavored
7. Turkey and other lean meats. Lean steak, chicken, fish
8. Peanut Butter – All-natural, sugar-free.
9. Olive Oil
10. Whole-Grain Breads and Cereals
11. Extra-Protein Powder(Whey)
12. Raspberries and Other Berries
You will be eating five small meals a day. Fortunately, you will not go hungry while on this plan.
Their website even has interactive software and illustrations of recommended exercises.Meals consist of lean proteins, low-fat dairy, whole grains, protein powder, minimal fats and lots of green veggies.
Each mini-meal will include a balanced proportion of carbohydrates, fat and protein.
An integral part of this diet program is strength and interval training. This is based on the premise that building muscle increases metabolism which will assist in burning fat.
The book provides a circuit training workout which is intense but varied enough to keep you from getting bored.
- The Abs Diet involves eating healthy foods.
- Virtually everything about this diet program is explained in detail, no guesswork.
- Exercise is an important part of the plan.
- No starving yourself.
- This particular diet is primarily for men.
- There is not a great deal of new ideas in the plan.
- Claims of expected weight loss may be exaggerated
The Abs Diet information is nothing new.
However it lays out the proper methods for losing weight including strength training, good nutrition, and exercise in an easy to understand approach.
If you follow the advice, the result will be weight loss and improved health. And that is hard to argue against!