The Best Treadmill For Senior Walking.
As I move into the senior years (closing in on 60), it goes without saying that running no longer feels good on my knees and back.
But I LOVE a good walk on the treadmill.
I put on headphones and listen to my favorite songs and before you know it, an hour has passed.
Treadmills can be a fantastic exercise device for us seniors. You may be looking to get in great cardiovascular shape or just burn a few calories.
Regardless, treadmills are a perfect solution.
Yet, not all treadmills are created equal for people above 50.
Some don’t have the stability and cushioning that older people need for safety and health.
While others don’t provide consoles that are intuitive enough to be helpful.
This post breaks down what is by far the best treadmill for senior walking.
Let’s check it out:
The Exerpeutic TF2000 is made especially for seniors who are looking for safety while they walk. This treadmill includes 49” support handrails that run the full length of the machine and sport foam padding.
The TF2000 will elevate to speeds up to 5 mph (which is plenty fast for most of us seniors).
The screen is LCD and extremely easy to read. This screen provides you with everything you need to know about your walking workout. A countdown timer is included before the belt starts.
Perhaps most importantly, the belt deck has 10 cushions that are built-in to reduce the stress on knees and other joints.
Assembly: Putting your Exerpeutic TF2000 treadmill together is straightforward and easy. An illustrated manual comes with your purchase and it walks you through the process of attaching the handrails, console and console posts.
Design Elements For Seniors: Safety features for seniors include:
- Handrails that extend to the back of the treadmill.
- Low deck that is an easy step up or step down.
- White dash mark that indicates the belt is moving as treadmill is extremely quiet.
- Handrails are glazed with foam to provide a safe grip.
- Supports weights up to 300 pounds.
- The base houses four levelers that keep the treadmill stable.
- The deck holds 10 shock absorbing cushions that reduces the impact on knees and other joints.
- Heart rate sensors on the handlebars.
Exerpeutic TF2000 Warranty: This treadmill has a great warranty.
- Full Warranty – 5 years on motor, 3 years on frame.
- Parts Warranty – 90 days.
- 83% 5 Star Reviews on Amazon.
- Steel frame equals solid build.
- Super quiet 1.5 horsepower motor.
- Low rise deck for easy access.
- Extended handrails ensure safety.
- LCD console is easy to see even in darkness.
- There is no way to fold this treadmill.
- No attached sound system
Conclusion: With its study construction and multiple safety features, the Exerpeutic TF2000 is the ONLY choice for seniors when it comes to treadmills. Its excellent quality and outstanding warranty make it without a doubt the best treadmill for senior walking.