The All Pro Diet
Note: This is a review. Get The All Pro Diet Here!
It is not often that professional athletes write diet books, but former NFL Pro-Bowl tight end Tony Gonzalez has done just that with the best selling, “The All-Pro Diet: Lose Fat, Build Muscle, and Live Like a Champion.
Gonzales, who wrote the book along with registered dietician Mitzi Dulan, actually used this program himself to become bigger, faster, stronger, and to help increase stamina.
This diet came about when Gonzalez made dramatic changes to his eating habits from fast food and other unhealthy choices to non-processed choices.
He soon discovered a dramatic difference in his performance on the field as he became a standout player.
The program is comprehensive in that it includes a great deal of healthy recipes and tactic that can help you stay with the programs and not stray. In addition, there are a bunch of exercises that you can do at home to build muscle so you can save the gym membership fee.
To be more specific regarding your eating plan, there are certain foods you will be giving up completely. These foods include but are limited to all fast food, dairy products, the white versions of rice, pasta, and bread, although you can eat the whole grain variations.
You will primarily be eating vegetables and grains. Meats are limited to grass fed beef which you can find at many grocery stores now, fish that is high in fish oil, and healthy snacks throughout the day.
Check out more healthy diets.
Workouts include a combination of strength training and cardio. Specific exercises are explained and illustrated in the book. Women are strongly encouraged to participate in the strength training section of the diet as it will help to speed up the metabolism and gives women a toned appearance.
- The diet emphasizes healthy eating.
- Workouts can be done without gym equipment.
- Emphasis on vegetables and whole grains.
- Weight loss will occur on this diet.
- Making drastic changes to your eating plan can be to much for some people.
- You must ante up the cost of a book, no free resource.
This diet is based on sound principals that most people should already be following. The thing to remember is that this diet is a lifestyle change and not a temporary fix like so many other diets. This diet will give you the tools you need to find success in your weight loss quest; it’s up to you to use those tools.
- Dulan, Mitzi, James Rosenthal, and Tony Gonzalez. The All-Pro Diet, 2010.
- Mitzi Dulan, America’s Nutrition Expert. “All-Pro Diet: Tony Gonzalez and Mitzi Dulan Share Their Nutrition Tips.” nutritionexpert.com. Accessed June 9, 2022. https://nutritionexpert.com/all-pro-diet/.