Cabbage Soup Weight Loss
Note: This is a review. Click here to visit the Cabbage Soup Site
Yes, there actually is a diet named the Cabbage Soup Diet! With a name like that, it has to be good, right?
Well, maybe not. The diet is a 7 day meal plan, aimed at achieving fast weight loss. It should never be used as a long-term eating plan, as it is seriously low in calories and could hurt you physically. However, it is possible to lose 10 pounds in a week when you stick to this super low calorie plan.
While The Cabbage Soup Diet does offer fast weight loss, it is completely deficient in nutrition, taste and diversity. You will find yourself eating mostly soups of cabbage, onion, celery, carrots, tomatoes and mushrooms (I hate mushrooms, just thought I’d share).
Nutritionists argue that the weight loss you see is more likely due to the dangerous loss in calories and not the so called fat-burning power found in the cabbage. This diet deprives your body of essential nutrients and has been connected to difficulty concentrating, feeling light-headed and weak.
Here is the one week plan:
• Day One– All-you-can-eat soup and fruit (no bananas). Consume plenty of water, cranberry juice and unsweetened tea.
• Day Two– Consume all the soup and vegetables you like (no beans, peas or corn). Have a buttered baked potato with dinner. No fruit today.
• Day Three– Eat all the soup, fruits and vegetables you like, nothing else.
• Day Four– Eat your soup, no more than eight bananas and all the skim milk you want.
• Day Five– Have at least one serving of soup today. You can also have 10-20 ounces of skinless chicken or beef and no more than six tomatoes. Drink plenty of water.
• Day Six– Eat plenty of vegetables and your servings of beef. Today is the day you can go a bit overboard with the meat (2 steaks if you like) – just make sure to add salad and vegetables. Stay away from the carbs – no fries, potatoes, etc.
• Day Seven– Have at least one serving of soup. Only eat brown rice, vegetables and unsweetened fruit juice.
- You are guaranteed to drop weight on this programs as you will be eating very few calories.
- Very inexpensive and simple to follow.
- This diet is not nutritionally sound.
- Your weight loss will be mostly water and lean mass.
- Most people will suffer from cravings.
- Dieters will become bored with food choices.
If you absolutely need fast weight loss, you could give this a try for a few days. But I would definitely not recommend this diet under any circumstances. It should never be used for long-term weight loss.
You may want to check out: