Have You Heard Of Sacred Heart Weight Loss?
Note: This is a review. Click here to visit The Sacred Heart Medical Diet Site.
The Sacred Heart Diet is a diet that supposedly originated from the cardiology department at Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital, where it was used to treat overweight heart patients. However, this does not appear to be true.
This diet is extremely similar to The Cabbage Soup Diet in that it is a soup-based diet that promises spectacular weight loss in only seven days. While the nutrition in this particular diet is not as awful as that of other fad diets, it’s still not a diet that you should follow long-term, and like so many others, it is not going to provide long term weight loss.
The soup that is the basis for this diet can be eaten in any quantity at any time during the 7 days that you are following this weight loss plan. It is claimed that the soup does not add calories.(what?) It is also claimed that the more you eat, the more you will lose. (double what?).
Here is the soup:
•1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
•3 plus large green onions
•1 large can of beef broth(no fat)
•1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle)
•1 bunch of celery
•2 cans green beans
•2 lbs. Carrots
•2 Green Peppers
Here is a breakdown of the week:
Eat the following foods, plus all the soup you want but nothing else! You may drink any of the following: Unsweetened juice, tea (also herbal), coffee, cranberry juice, skim milk, and plenty of water. You must eat the soup at least once every day.
- Day One: Any fruit except bananas. Eat only soup and fruit on day one.
- Day Two: All vegetables, raw, cooked, or canned. Eat green leafy vegetables and avoid dry beans, peas, and corn. At dinnertime, eat a large baked potato and butter.
- Day Three: Eat all the soup, fruit and veggies you want. Do not have a baked potato.
- Day Four: Bananas and skim milk. Eat a minimum of 3 bananas and drink as much milk as you wish.
- Day Five: Beef and tomatoes. Eat 10 to 20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes (or up to 6 fresh tomatoes).
- Day Six: Beef and vegetables. You can eat as much beef and vegetables as you wish on this day. No baked potato.
- Day Seven: Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice, and vegetables. You can add cooked veggies to your rice if you wish.
- You will lose weight very fast initially.
- Initial weight loss is mostly water weight.
- Dieter may have to eat large amounts of bran and fiber.
This fad diet is not as nutritionally unsound as other fad diets but again is going to help you for the short term only. Don’t expect lifetime results from the Sacred Heart Diet although you will drop several pounds in 7 days…
Click here to visit The Sacred Heart Diet Site.
You may also want to check out: