Weight Loss With Grapefruit?
Note: This is a review. Click here to visit The Grapefruit Diet Site.
How to do the grapefruit diet.
Can you get results with the Grapefruit Diet? Let’s take a look!
Nobody knows who first came up with the one and only Grapefruit Diet, but since it first appeared, it’s enjoyed on and off again popularity.
This is usually due to a Hollywood celebrity who wants to lose weight and lets the entire world know about it.
Because of this, it has remained among the most popular of quick-fix fad diets.
While the whole thing sounds rather exotic, experts say this diet does not offer a well-balanced plan that you could follow for any extended length of time because your body requires more nutrients and calories than this calls for.
The mainstay of the diet revolves around eating half a grapefruit or drinking an eight-ounce glass of unsweetened grapefruit juice before each meal.
Proponents of the diet claim that grapefruit has a fat-burning enzyme, helping you eliminate fat. Actually, this part is true although researchers aren’t completely sure why.
Unfortunately, this diet only allows 800 calories a day which is not enough for an adult man or woman. As we know, malnutrition is not a good diet plan.
You will lose weight if you follow this diet for two week. However, the possible weight loss potential of grapefruit aside, this diet only works because you are starving yourself.
- Grapefruit is a fat free, low calorie, nutrient packed food.
- Research shows eating grapefruit helps reduce the risk of diabetes.
- This plan is simple and easy to follow.
- The diet is too low calorie for most people.
- Side effects are possible including dizziness and stomach problems.
- This plan is for short term weight loss only.
- You will be starving!!
Even if you lay on the couch all day, you will find it nearly impossible to function on 800 calories a day. To top it off, exercise is discouraged on this diet. Oh goodness. If you see this diet coming, run the other way, but take your grapefruit with you!
- Davis, susan. “Grapefruit Diet Plan Review: Does It Work?” WebMD. www.webmd.com, February 18, 2021. https://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/grapefruit-diet.