Does Eating Apples Help You Lose Weight?
Note: This is a review. Click here to go to The 3 Apples A Day Diet Site.
The 3 apples a day diet?
Oh man, how am I going to survive on nothing but three apples a day? What if I only have green apples? What if I swallow a seed?
Relax. This plan involve a lot more than just eating a few apples.
This is actually a real diet in the form of a book, designed and written by a real nutritionist, Tammi Flynn, who holds a Masters degree in Nutrition. (got to love education!)
Believe it or not, Flynn discovered that when one of her clients ate an apple before each meal without changing anything else, she was able to break a weight loss plateau. Flynn experimented with this approach with her other clients and witnessed incredible results, with typical weight losses of seventeen pounds in twelve weeks.
Read more specific food based reviews here.
What Are The Basics?
Well obviously, first you must eat an apple before one of your three main meals each day. The idea is that apples are full of fiber and make you feel full much faster.
Apples also contain very few calories, no fat and no sodium. Also included in this wonder food are antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Another requirement is that you eat several small meals (4-5) throughout the day consisting of low fat foods. You should ensure you are getting a protein with each meal or snack as they also help us to feel satisfied much quicker.
What About Exercise?
I am so glad you asked since you know how much I love exercise.
This diet recommends weight training and cardiovascular exercise, and includes a 12 week beginners exercise program.
- Health-Apples have incredible health benefits. Eating them everyday can lower cholesterol, reduce risk of heart disease and on and on.
- Fullness- You will eat less as the fiber will make you feel full.
- Protein-The high intake of protein will also make you feel full and keep you from losing your muscle mass.
- Blah-Let’s face it, you may get sick of apples.
- Rigid-There are no free days or allowances to eat your favorite foods
On this eating plan, your appetite will be reduced with a resulting weight loss. You will also increase your health with the influx of apples everyday. However, you will probably get tired of eating apples very quickly and the diet does not allow for any cheating which may prove too rigid for most people.
It will work and is healthy, so go for it if you really, really like apples.
- LLC Staff, Speedy Publishing. 3 Apple a Day Diet. Weight A Bit (Health And Fitness), 2015.
- . Health24. “3-Apple-a-Day Diet Gets Thumbs-up | Health24.” www.news24.com, June 10, 2001. https://www.news24.com/health24/Diet-and-nutrition/Weight-loss/3-Apple-a-Day-diet-gets-thumbs-up-20120721.