Can Eating Peanut Butter Help You Lose Weight?
Note: This is a review. Click here to visit The Peanut Butter Diet Site.
The peanut butter diet sounds like something you would put your kids on. “Hey mom, I need to lose 10 pounds for cheerleader tryouts, will you buy some Jif?”
However,this is an actual diet with some actual good points. It is the creation of author Holly McCord who claims that dieters will lose approximately 1/2 pound per week on this diet, which is a healthy and sustainable rate of weight loss.
This is a reduced calorie diet in which you can expect to eat between 4-6 tablespoons of peanut butter a day. A typical breakfast includes a banana, cereal, and milk. A standard lunch involves a PB and J sandwich (I love those!) and an apple.
You’re even allowed a snack in between dinner and lunch and, not surprisingly, it involves more of the sticky delight. Dinner, however, is Peter Pan free. A skinless chicken breast, chopped nuts, an avocado, and a salad compose one recommended meal.
When followed closely, the diet provides approximately 1500 calories per day for women and 2200 calories per day for men. Aerobic exercise is also recommended on this plan with a pretty fair amount daily, 45 minutes.
- This diet is very easy to follow.
- Peanut butter is a very popular food.
- No clinical proof this diet works.
- Many people suffer from peanut allergies and are unable to use this diet.
- Calorie counting is required.
This diet depends on fewer calories eaten and daily exercise. I am not sure where peanut butter comes in.
My guess is that it is a marketing ploy to add new life to old philosophy. In any event, this diet is not too restrictive for most people and not expensive.
But you might find yourself fighting your kids for your food!
Click here to visit The Peanut Butter Diet Site.
- The F-Factor Diet Review – Can It Help With Weight Loss? - April 19, 2021
- Best Amino Acid Supplement For Muscle Growth – The Top 3! - April 12, 2021
- Best Treadmill Under 1000 For Running - March 21, 2021