Scarsdale Weight Loss
Note: This is a review. Click here to visit The Scarsdale Diet Site.
The Scarsdale Diet has been around since I was in high school. (that has been a while!) It was the creation of Dr. Herman Tarnower. Although the first edition of The Complete Scarsdale Medical Diet was published in 1978, over a quarter-century ago, the book is still in print as of early 2007.
It is reported to be particularly popular in France in the early 2000’s and promises extreme and quick weight loss success.
On this diet, you will limit your food intake to specified amounts of fruits, vegetables and mostly lean sources of protein. In addition, it encourages the use of artificial sweeteners and herbal appetite suppressants to speed up weight loss.
Unlike other diets, there is no calorie counting, but you are limited to three meals a day as no snacking is allowed.
The basic diet is to be followed for either seven to 14 days, alternating with two weeks off. You are instructed to drink at least 4 glasses of water, tea, or diet soda every day in order to flush waste products from the body.
You may add the following seasonings to her foods: herbs, salt, pepper, lemon, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, mustard, or ketchup.
This diet is simply a low-calorie low-carbohydrate diet with an adult woman eating between 600 and 1000 calories a day.
This diet is too strict for most people and very boring as there is a distinct lack of variety in the foods you are allowed to eat.
Also, there is no mention of exercise which we know is important. The lack of nutrients and calories can make you dizzy, nauseous, weak and tired. Other health problems are a possibility.
- It does have a history of success for many users.
- The plan is specific and very easy to follow.
- You will experience rapid initial weight loss.
- Low calorie intake will be too tough for most people.
- You will experience hunger and fatigue.
- There is no plan for maitenance.
There will be an initial quick weight loss with The Scarsdale Diet, but the negatives seem to outweigh the positives on this one. I would avoid….
Click here to visit The Scarsdale Diet Site.
- The F-Factor Diet Review – Can It Help With Weight Loss? - April 19, 2021
- Best Amino Acid Supplement For Muscle Growth – The Top 3! - April 12, 2021
- Best Treadmill Under 1000 For Running - March 21, 2021