Eat Eggs For Weight Loss
Note: This is a review. Click here to visit The Egg Diet Site.
Okay, I like eggs, especially scrambled with turkey bacon. But an egg diet? Let’s find out a little more about it.
No matter what you have heard, this diet is not a plan consisting of only eggs. However, it does involve eating a large part of your protein allowance in the form of eggs.
This diet has its origins in the induction phase of the Atkins Diet as eggs are one of the healthiest ways to consume a high protein, low carb diet without increasing saturated fats.
Eggs are an excellent source of protein and other vital nutrients. That has been proven through research.
During this diet you eat two or more for breakfast along with grapefruit, low carbohydrate vegetables or lean protein.
Lunch and dinner includes either another serving of eggs or a small portion of lean protein such as fish or chicken.
Salads and low carbohydrate vegetables are usually allowed as desired however fruits are generally limited to one to two serves daily. Other carbohydrate foods such as bread, pasta and potatoes are strictly limited.
One of the side effects of this diet is a temporary withdrawal syndrome associated with lack of carbohydrates. The most common symptoms are nausea, fatigue, and weakness followed by loss of appetite (not fun!).
- No calorie counting involved.
- Quick initial weight loss.
- Not enough nutrients in this diet.
- There can be side effects including nausea and headaches.
- Not enough variety for most dieters.
This diet is not a healthy well rounded eating plan. It is really just another crash diet. Although a low carb diet such as this will help you lose fat, the negatives outweigh the positives. I would utilize this one only for a week or two at the most.
- The F-Factor Diet Review – Can It Help With Weight Loss? - April 19, 2021
- Best Amino Acid Supplement For Muscle Growth – The Top 3! - April 12, 2021
- Best Treadmill Under 1000 For Running - March 21, 2021